Tuesday, May 6, 2014

You Just Never Know What To Expect!


Kate called me at work today and this was the conversation:




Hi Mom, the policeman needs our home phone number.

Why Kate?

He does – tell me.

Kate, are you with the policeman now?

Yes Mom – I’m not in trouble.

Kate, can I please talk to the policeman?

Sure Mom...

Hello Ma’am, I’m Officer ____ of the Wilmette police department.  Your daughter is fine.  The bus that she was riding was in a minor accident and we are just taking the names and information of the riders as a formality. 

So Kate is fine?

Yes Ma’am she is.

She has a State ID in her purse that has her information on it.  Did she give that to you?

No Ma’am, she didn’t offer that to me.  But she did ask me for my business card so she could call me later.

Why am I not surprised!

3 comments: