Thursday, February 27, 2014

Is It Spring Yet?

That is a question I am hearing often from Kate.  She is ready for this lousy winter to be
over and spring to arrive because then comes summer and Camp Hope!  We have already gotten the application in the mail for her sleepover summer camp. 

I did try to hide it from her on my desk.  It was under papers there waiting (and waiting) for me to file.  The only thing I can figure is that during the night, while we were sleeping and she was obviously doing her mailing, she found it.  How do I know she was doing her mailing?  Because in the morning on the island were a bunch of envelopes with my postage stamps – from the desk – on them.  Mind you Kate can’t really write, so there were a bunch of envelopes with some paper crinkled and forced into them with marker marks on the outside, sealed of course and stamped.  I convinced her to let me take them to work to have Big Mike mail them for her (our courier).   I hope the post office will accept the stamps I am scotch taping onto my envelopes.

The real reason she wants spring to come is so she can change out her closet.  With the “changing of the closet” comes the summer clothes and the winter ones go in the boxes on the shelf.  And if the summer clothes are in the drawer, she can pack for Camp Hope – her objective all along.  Last year she was packed and ready to go by early March if I remember correctly.  Camp Hope is at the end of July. 


I truly think she plans for her summer camp all year long as she was asking for bug spray for Christmas this year.   And sun screen.  

3 comments:

  1. :D This brought a big smile to my face, Mrs. Noll. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Kate stories"! I will definitely be a blog follower.

    ReplyDelete